Kingdom Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overcoming Pain [p r i v a t e]

2 posters

Go down

Overcoming Pain [p r i v a t e] Empty Overcoming Pain [p r i v a t e]

Post by Jules Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Eris knows her way around the castle like its the back of her hand. You could tell her to close her eyes and she could tell you wear a mouse hole was located. But she didn't really pay attention to mouse holes now, she paid more attention on the dummies in front of her.

They were made of potato sacks, wood and more wood; some had weapons and armor on and some were just plain vulnerable. She sliced through them like she was shredding paper, one by one; letting the bits and pieces shrivel to the ground. Eris would only stop until her right arm started aching or bleeding; once she's started; there was no turning back.

In only around 10 minutes she'd completely obliterated half of the dummy army, her right hand still tightly grasping the hilt of her sword. Her lungs ached for air but her heart and mind told her to go on. So she continued her rage-filled rampage, not caring whether or not she disturbed others with the cracking noises of wood and the clattering of metal.
Jules
Jules

Back to top Go down

Overcoming Pain [p r i v a t e] Empty Re: Overcoming Pain [p r i v a t e]

Post by ChivanChang Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:33 pm

Alexander could hear the cracking of wood and metal as he wandered aimlessly through the castle. The servants greeted him-- of course they did, he was the master of the castle after all. He ignored them, though. The noises coming from the training grounds worried him, he hurried over to the noise.

There stood Eris, slashing through piles of the dummy army. It was actually made for training recruits, but she had just knocked half of it down. It didn't matter, he could replace them, it would simply take time. What he was worried about was Eris, she was straining herself, it didn't take a doctor to tell. Without thinking of the consequences, he rushed to Eris' side, placing his hand on her shoulder, maybe she'd feel the need to stop then.

It was confusing. Why was she going through all this? Even for Eris, this was going too far. Constant training was normal, going through pain was normal, but it still wouldn't lead to ripping apart dummies. It wasn't like her, it's what he thought anyway. If she had changed, he wasn't sure.

ChivanChang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Eris needed to get stronger. She needed to defeat the Rebellion and take her mother back. Mother. Her mother wouldn't want her to do this, hurt herself and beat herself to death. She let out a cry of exasperation as she slashed another dummy to shreds. Who am I? Must I exceed all expectations and sacrifice my humanity in the process Suddenly, a warmth spread across her; urging her to stop and calm down. Eris let her sword clatter to the ground, watching her right hand tremble with pain. She knew Alexander was there, he always was; and he was worried for sure. "Have I gone mad?.."
Jules
Jules

Back to top Go down

Post by ChivanChang Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:50 pm

Alexander smiled brightly. "No, Eris. You're just going back to old routines. Just take your time, at least recover first." His voice was clearly concerned. It was low, worried, and his look puzzled. Why is she trying so hard? He didn't understand. He sighed in frustration, but said nothing. He let his hand slide off Eris' shoulder, grinning before he spoke. "You just ruined half the recruit's training regime. Congrats." He laughed, before turning back to tell the servants to replace what was lost.

ChivanChang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:02 pm

"Ha, but I didn't. You see, I was never here and this never happened" Eris let out a small smile then winked. She knelt down, picking up her sword with the strength she had left. Considering the condition of her mind and body, maybe a short vacation would be good. Just maybe.

Once again she stood, dragging her sword behind her as she walked towards the side of the room. She leaned against the wall then sank back down to the ground, her legs outstretched and arms suspended to the sides. Her sword was upright, the tip buried within a crack in the stone floor.
Jules
Jules

Back to top Go down

Post by ChivanChang Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:52 pm

Alexander grinned. "And I have to cover up for you, eh?" He shrugged, laughing all the same. He brushed his hair back as it it covered his eyes, he grew it that way to look good, but people say it's just an annoyance in the battlefield. Of course, Alexander thought differently, so far his hair hadn't gotten him killed.

He smiled at his thoughts, following Eris closely behind her, and when she sat, he sat beside her, too. "So I'm guessing you're going to take a break now?" His voice was hopeful. Alexander couldn't remember any time she took a break from training. That's all she ever did, train, eat, sleep. And the cycle continues endlessly ahead.

ChivanChang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Eris answered with a barely audible mumble, clearly tired from all that training. She elbowed Alexander's ribs as he sat down with a playful grin on her face. Her eyelids felt heavy and she couldn't move her arms or legs. Taking a deep breath, she ruffled her friend's hair one last time then closed her eyes, slowly drifting to unconsciousness. For once, she had a smile on her face as she slumbered. But she knew this to be the calm before the storm. And the storm was coming soon, she could feel it.

OOC: FAIL POST. ;D
Jules
Jules

Back to top Go down

Post by ChivanChang Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:17 pm

Alex smiled as Eris finally fell to her sleep. He hoped it would last, she needed the break. Every second of sleep she got counts. Her intense training routine was sure to tire her body beyond her limits, she denies it, but it was easily seen by Alexander. He sighed, lying onto his back, staring into the now cloudy sky. The sun was obscured from view, the clouds blocking the rays from entering the land. Shadows loomed throughout the castle's grounds. His eyes closed.

Thoughts of his brothers roamed through his mind, Gerard and Reynard. Reynard, the eldest of the three. If he hadn't left, the throne of course, would be his to take. But he left, deserting the alliance for a peaceful life. He loathed the war, but he was a great warrior. One he would need on his side at a time of crisis such as this. The rebellion would make their move sooner or later, even Alexander was confused whether to make an attack to end it, or simply defend the innocent. Without his brother's help, maybe peace would be hard to achieve on his own.

Gerard, his other twin. Twin, yet such a different personality. Gerard left the Alliance soon after the King passed on, hating Alexander for taking the throne. It was jealousy that led him to the other side. He was powerful, wielding a longsword in battle, even Alexander feared he can't keep up with his brother. Dangerous, cold, murderous. They were the easiest words used to describe him, and being an enemy, he would be vicious on the battlefield, taking on hundreds by himself.

His eyes snapped open, slamming his palm on the ground. Why did it turn out like this. If Reynard hadn't left, maybe then Gerard wouldn't of changed so much. Reynard, was Alexander simply blaming him for what he himself caused? The feelings he had were mixed, confused. "Damn..." He muttered silently, sitting up again.

ChivanChang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:50 pm

Words and songs rang through Eris' slumbering mind; lullabies and letters from her mother. She lay on the grass, listening to the whispers of her world and staring at the beautiful night sky. Figures in dresses danced among the clouds and the stars seemed to twirl about, forming patterns Eris has never seen or heard of. Maybe this was a glimpse of heaven, what was soon to come for her; her destiny.

But the sun rose and the stars and figures disappeared. Instead of soft whispers, there came battle cries and the smell of fire. Eris watched as the grass around her burned to ashes. She was sure, now, that she was the next to be incinerated. Eris shut her eyes and accepted her fate.

Then came a laugh, a laugh of a little boy. A boy holding a bucket of water. "Silly, Rissy.." he dumped the water over her and the fire that singed her disappeared. Rissy. Alexander called her that when they were children, he had found the name Eris too formal. Squinting, she tried to make out the figure of the little boy. No doubt it was Alexander but she still wouldn't believe it. Why was he in her dream? That was strange.

The sunlight intensified, blinding her eyes. Suddenly, her mind went blank. Eris opened her eyes to the training room. Back to reality, then.

OOC: CAN'T THINK OF A PROPER ENDING xD
Jules
Jules

Back to top Go down

Post by ChivanChang Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Alexander glanced toward Eris, erasing his thoughts to clear his mind. It wasn't right to think of his brothers that way. They were individuals with their own choices, he wasn't going to go against them. Sighing, he stood up, putting on a smile before speaking to Eris. "Awake already? That was fast, I expected you to sleep a bit more." Laughing, he took a step ahead, "Come on, lets go somewhere else. More relaxing-- no more training atmosphere." He paused, pointing toward the new recruits bashing against the dummies. "And leave them to it." He finished.

He ran his hand slowly through his hair, it felt cold to touch due to the autumn cold. He sighed, his eyes tired as he looked on ahead. 'I have a long road ahead of me,' he thought. 'Alone.' Was he alone? He didn't know. No one would fill the empty spaces his brothers had left him with, Eris was a different matter, she was the only one left by his side. But when the war comes, would she be struck down like the countless soldiers on the front line? He grimaced at the thought. He'd really be alone by then.

ChivanChang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:41 am

Pursing her lips, Eris tried standing up without using her hands. It wasn't as easy as it looked- especially after training your guts out. She drew her legs closer to her, then pushed downward as her back slid against the cold stone wall. Without armor, Eris thought, sliding your back against the wall would've been suicide. But she had her armor on, which, despite its helpfulness, doubled her weight. How ironic.

Wincing as she pulled her sword from the cracked ground with her right hand, Eris walked over to Alexander and lightly kicked his right shin. Well, she had to improvise her signal to leave since her hands were of no use at the moment, right? Without another word, she half limped, half walked towards the training room's doors.
Jules
Jules

Back to top Go down

Post by ChivanChang Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:09 pm

"Ow! What was that for?" It wasn't painful, but it seemed more playful to exaggerate the pain. Maybe Eris would lighten up more, always with her violent training routines. He grinned, "Where to next, then?" He questioned, his voice light. His dark eyes drifting toward the castle walls. The beautifully built castle, soon it may be nothing except blocks of stone it had once been. He sighed, war was such a painful reality.

OOC: FAIL POST :3

ChivanChang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:49 pm

"Well, I don't know if you've noticed before but I don't really go out much.." Eris chuckled darkly, her grin widespread and her usually tense muscles relaxed. She never really left the castle much, unless there was a mission or a battle coming up. Stopping in front of the large doors, Eris took a deep breath and savored the moment when she was finally able to go out of the training room rather than in.

Without the use of her hands, she kicked the door open, extremely careful not to leave a dent or rip the door from its hinges. It was a hard task for Eris... for she could never be gentle. Ever.
Jules
Jules

Back to top Go down

Post by ChivanChang Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:33 pm

Alexander shrugged. "You can always start now." He grinned, looking ahead. The large doors were in place, standing about twelve feet in height. Two guards stood in front, but they moved aside as Eris kicked the door open. Laughing, he walked closely behind Eris. "Don't need to be so hard on it, you know. It takes resources to fix."

The sun was under the clouds, with peaks of it lighting up the palace grounds dimly. The clouds were white at least -- signs that it won't rain soon.

ChivanChang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum