Kingdom Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inn

2 posters

Go down

The Inn Empty The Inn

Post by Momus Boy Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:54 pm

I looked up from the road, littered with everything from waste to pieces of ripped trousers. There was a two story building infront of me, light coming from the glass windows. I glanced around, pulling my cowl back to reveal a face full of hair. My beard came down to my adoms apple, and connected with my mustache. My hair was long, covering my head like a wool hat. It came to the upper part of my neck, but was thick. I was stopping in the middle of the street, atop a shaggy horse. It made a whine as though Move it or lose it, buddy!. I patted him atop the head, making my way to the barn. It was behind the Inn, stowed there so that it wasn't particularly noticable, but still served its purpose of keeping the wary travelers steeds shelter. I jumped off, taking my horses - Row - saddle straps and un-doing them, then sliding it all off and placing it on the ground beside Row. I patted him, reaching to a pack in the saddle and throwing a apple Rows way. He whined in delight, munching down and taking half of the apple with him. He wasn't a particularly big horse, or a fast horse, but he was loyal and boy did he have a big appetite. I take a bucket from off the hook of the saddle, put some grain in it and placed it beside Row. Another whine of delight. I took a large canteen, taking the stopper off and sniffing the watter. I took a sip from it, shrugging then pouring some of it into the water troft beside Row.

I stepped out of the small pen, closing the door and walking out of the barn. One of the nicest barns I'd ever been in. I walked to the front of the inn, glancing up at the signs. "Wary Homesteads Inn" I muttered outloud, looking to the symbol of a glass of mead beside the words, for the illiterate folk out there. I opened the door, glancing in at the hussle of the taproom. There was a traveling minstrel playing there, singing about a man name Halt's beard. I walked in, trying to keep the attention away from me. But, in the fully lit room you could see the odd shapes on my cloak and cowl, which help keep me unseen-- When I wanted to be. I got some odd looks, but I just looked back with a cold stare that told them that I was not to be annoyed. I clapped a bit as the minstrel stopped, bowing slightly with his odd hat he was wearing. I looked up to the inn-keeper, walking over to him and waving. "I would like a room and board for the night." I tell him, adding a few words. "For a horse." I tell him, smiling meekly. He nodded, asking for the standard prices and waved me off. "You wouldn't have any supper left, would you?" I asked him, smiling.

"Aye, we have some slow roasted lamb left. Me wife be the best cook this side of the river, she is." He told me, gesturing to a slightly burnt lamb on a table. "I'll have me daughter fix you a plate. Do you have grain for ye' horse?" He asked, walking towards his cellar. I shook my head at him, smiling politely.

"I took care of that." I tell him, going to a table and staring at the minstrel. He was playing some more popular folk songs, and some original songs. He stopped to eat some more of his meal, and when the others were talking amongst themselves I decided to see what was going on. Just the regular gossiping, but there was one conversation I was most interested in.

"The tension between the Alliance and the rebellion are growing. Soon there is gonna be a war! I don't know about this all, us here are gonna get swept up one of the sides." On the patrons said to another bulky man.

"Bah, we will fight them off. Our defences could withstand a dragons bad breath!" He says, yelling the last bit about out defences. This sprung up a chorus of laughter from the other patrons, then the minstrel started to play so everyone stopped talking. I scratched my face, looking to the door. It was opened and a figure walked in. It took me a moment to scan the person. Looked odd somehow...

OOC: Someone post there.
Momus Boy
Momus Boy

Back to top Go down

The Inn Empty Re: The Inn

Post by Aze Cluzt the Epic Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:13 pm

I walk in.
Aze Cluzt the Epic
Aze Cluzt the Epic

Back to top Go down

Post by Momus Boy Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:20 am

OOC: Describe yourselve :P Or, do something. Cause, a lot of people walk into the inn.

IC: "Here yah' lamb." Someone said, and I glanced back at a young girl who had just served me. I nodded a thanks, taking the meat with my hands and tearing some off. I smiled as the juices overloaded my senses. I took a piece of bread, wiping some of the juices from the bottom of my plate up and eating the bread. After days of travel rations this was incredible. I took a sip of the water set beside me, wiping some food off of my beard.
Momus Boy
Momus Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aze Cluzt the Epic Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:27 pm

occ: nah look at hes sheet :P
I look around and see a guy "Hello"
Aze Cluzt the Epic
Aze Cluzt the Epic

Back to top Go down

Post by Momus Boy Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:02 pm

I assumed he was talking to someone else, so I just continued to eat my lamb. I felt his eyes on me, a sixth sense I hand developed. I turned around to look at the male, sizing him up. "Hello." I ask him, smiling slightly. I stood up, my hand sliding the dagger from beside my waist. This would almost be impossible to see. I leaned close to whisper into his ear, the blade hovering around his belly. It was concealed around my cloak, so nobody else could see it. "Walk away." I tell him, smiling as someone looked at me.
Momus Boy
Momus Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aze Cluzt the Epic Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:05 pm

"Whys houlde I?" I ask him.
Aze Cluzt the Epic
Aze Cluzt the Epic

Back to top Go down

Post by Momus Boy Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:11 pm

I press the dagger closer to his stomach. I didn't say a word, thinking this will be enough to caution him. He looked rather stupid though...
Momus Boy
Momus Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aze Cluzt the Epic Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:13 pm

"DO NOT BRING VOINACE HERE" I say in a threating voice
Aze Cluzt the Epic
Aze Cluzt the Epic

Back to top Go down

Post by Momus Boy Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:17 pm

I mentally facepalmed as people looked at us, some smiling at the fight that was gonna happen. I sheathed the dagger, smiling at the people. "Violence? Sharing with you what my wife does to me isn't violence. It's glory more like it." I tell him, my voice carrying so everyone can hear me. This brought a chorus of chuckles from the crowd. "She does get a bit violent sometimes." Another chorus of laughs.
Momus Boy
Momus Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aze Cluzt the Epic Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:19 pm

I remian calm "You stuck a dagger to my stomch and basicly threatened to cut me" I say "That in it's self is volence" one person said "He got you there" another siad "Yes hes right"
Aze Cluzt the Epic
Aze Cluzt the Epic

Back to top Go down

Post by Momus Boy Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:21 pm

"Sir, I think you've had a few too many drinks. I think I will retire to my room so there is no further conflict. I smiled, patting his shoulder. Or, at least, trying to.
Momus Boy
Momus Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aze Cluzt the Epic Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:41 pm

nod at him and leave to my room "To many drinks yeah right I havn't had a drink in my life..."

Last edited by Aze Cluzt on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aze Cluzt the Epic
Aze Cluzt the Epic

Back to top Go down

Post by Momus Boy Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:44 pm

I go to upstairs, entering my room and locking it. I lied down on the bed, savouring the soft mattress. After sleeping on rocks for a week, you get to appreciate a warm bed.
Momus Boy
Momus Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aze Cluzt the Epic Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:45 pm

I walk into my room wich was right next to hes.
Aze Cluzt the Epic
Aze Cluzt the Epic

Back to top Go down

Post by Momus Boy Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:49 pm

I shut my eyes, hearing the activity in the room beside mine. Hmm. I kept my clothes on, but removed the two daggers in the hidden sheaths on my back. I settled into the half-sleep I was always having, being aware of my surroundings but getting rest.
Momus Boy
Momus Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aze Cluzt the Epic Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:51 pm

I sigh and go to sleep
Aze Cluzt the Epic
Aze Cluzt the Epic

Back to top Go down

Post by Momus Boy Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:27 am

As the dreamless night passes on, I awake to the sound of a rooster croaking. I slid off my bed, moving to the door and slowly opening it. I glanced around the hallway, walking down it to the stairs. I stepped down two at a time, eventually ending up back in the taproom. I moved down onto a vacant seat, right in the corner of the room. I laid back on it, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.
Momus Boy
Momus Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aze Cluzt the Epic Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:55 am

I wake up and leave
Aze Cluzt the Epic
Aze Cluzt the Epic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content